Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Guatemala

It was tough getting the ball rolling on the blog, I enjoy writing, but I don’t enjoy the pressure of writing for a deadline. That being said; I decided a quick recap of my recent trip to Central America would help fill this 1st page void.

It was part of my 5 year plan to do some traveling.  Not the type of traveling where you are shuttled directly into a posh resort and enjoy a frosty margarita upon arrival while an over zealous bell hop assists you with your luggage.  I was looking for some sort of adventure that would guarantee daily challenge and at the very least, a chance to feel uncomfortable and maybe even a little vulnerable at times. It’s year 4 and it was time to act.

Jenny and I chose to do a whirlwind trip of Guatemala. The airfare was more than reasonable, and the daily cost of living was dirt cheap. Our adventure lasted nearly two weeks and we were able to explore a majority of the Guatemalan hot spots following an ever changing north to south route from Guatemala City to the Mayan Ruins of Tikal. 

The trip was an amazing experience and I can’t wait until we have the chance to travel again.  I hope these photos will keep you intrigued until I muster the energy to document the entire Mayan adventure.

Jenny & I atop Temple V ~ Tikal, Guatemala

Enjoying a messy cup of Yerba Mate

Panajachel from the hostel rooftop

Jenny observing the city from above

Volcan Pacaya

Jenny in Flores, Guatemala


"Alto" Antigua, Guatemala

Uno

Dos

Tres




Papusa con quesa

The colors

The ruggedness

Break dancers in San Marcos

Storm damage around Lake Atilan





Temples in Tikal


The Politics



The People:



No comments:

Post a Comment