Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Why Dear Mims?

Dear Mims:

I realize that having 1/4 of the family relocate further from the nest is not easy for you or the other two.  I know as history has shown,  its all too easy for me to get selfishly immersed in the events of my life.  For that reason, I thought this would help hold me accountable to sharing my life with the people who care about me.

In just a few short weeks I will be 28 years old. Over the hill?  Of course not; but according to my life-progress standards I have a lot of work to do. 

Last December we had conversation about my career aspirations that resulted in a personal ultimatum: I must, within the next year have successfully made progress within the realm of my current career world, or commit to some type of semi-drastic change that will inject uncertainty and challenge into my life. It’s now 12 months later and I am on track to pursue the latter.

On my birthday, January 3rd 2011, I will give my letter of resignation to my employer of the last 3+ years. Soon thereafter I will jump in my Jeep and head 2,012 miles west to meet Jenny in our new apartment in Denver, Colorado. No job, no savings, no excuses.

This blog is a forum, not to spray about my daily exploits, but rather to keep you (my family) and friends up to date on my adventures and transition to life in the Rockies.

I really hope you enjoy it!

Meri, Mims, Dad and I


Love your son,

Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment